The below is a Pugwash statement concerning nuclear problems and tensions in the time of COVID-19. This statement has been co-signed by an extensive list of Pugwash colleagues and personalities, including the President and Secretary General of International Pugwash (full list of names here).…
Disarmament RSS feed for this section
Student/Young Pugwash UK has released a video of Matteo Frigoli discussing his research on developments with hypersonic missiles. The presentation is based on research commissioned by British Pugwash.
The presentation covers:
- Technical issues
- Destabilising potential of hypersonics
- US, Russian and Chinese perspectives
- Arms control options
Student / Young Pugwash UK held its fifth Annual Conference in March 2020, titled ‘Warwick Technology & Peace Conference‘, in association with the Warwick Pugwash Student Society.
It was a multidisciplinary conference about the risks posted by emerging technologies, as well as political and technical solutions to control them.…
In light of government advice on COVID-19 and the fact that the NPT RevCon 2020 has been postponed, we have decided to postpone this event (possibly to next year).
We have also postponed the AGM of British Pugwash, which was supposed to precede this meeting.…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash January 2020 Newsletter include:
- New Research: Hypersonic weapon systems – Implications for strategic stability and arms control
- Researcher job: British Pugwash project on climate change and nuclear weapons
- Royal Society video of Rees/Cox on Rotblat – Now on YouTube!
Topics covered in the British Pugwash December 2019 Newsletter include:
- New Video: Lord Rees on Pugwash founder Sir Jo Rotblat (produced by the Royal Society)
- Crowdfund appeal – Help SYP UK get to Doha 2020!