On 9th September 2020, British Pugwash Group Exec member, Dr Richard Guthrie, spoke in a CISD webinar showcasing different open source verification projects, and exploring possible overlaps and synergies between them.…
Current projects – feed RSS feed for this section
On 8th September 2020 and to mark the International Day Against Nuclear Testing, SOAS University and the UK Embassy of Kazakhstan hosted a webinar on titled, “Post-COVID Multilateral Cooperation – A Chance To Achieve A Nuclear-Weapons-Free World?”…
The role is paid and would be for 7 months, ideally starting in November.
On 3rd August (5pm), Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) hosted its third webinar.
The guest speaker was Sahil Shah, a Policy Fellow at the European Leadership Network and expert on the Iran Nuclear Deal (‘JCPOA’).…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash May 2020 Newsletter include:
- Pugwash statement on the Open Skies Treaty and New START
- Pugwash statement on NPT Review postponement and risks post-pandemic
- Obituary – Julian Perry Robinson
- Dr Frank Boulton on ‘Nuclear war and public health’
- A selection of relevant articles
The newsletter can be found online here…
Student/Young Pugwash UK has released a video of Matteo Frigoli discussing his research on developments with hypersonic missiles. The presentation is based on research commissioned by British Pugwash.
The presentation covers:
- Technical issues
- Destabilising potential of hypersonics
- US, Russian and Chinese perspectives
- Arms control options