Current projects include research on the:
- Ethical aspects of armed robotic systems
- Impacts of emerging technologies on nuclear-armed submarines
- Risks of climate change to military infrastructure
- Future energy options vis-a-vis climate change
- Arms control options relating to hypersonic cruise missiles.
Recent projects include the WMD Awareness public education campaign and efforts to establish a British Disarmament Institute.
A history project is documenting the history of the Pugwash conferences since the 1950s.
- We often publish updates about our project work in newsletters here
- Many of our projects are implemented with support from external funding, including from charitable foundations.