British Pugwash projectsBritish Pugwash runs projects which seek to engage with the government, the scientific community and the public on policy issues.
Current projects include research on the:
- Ethical aspects of armed robotic systems
- Impacts of emerging technologies on nuclear-armed submarines
- Risks of climate change to military infrastructure
- Future energy options vis-a-vis climate change
- Arms control options relating to hypersonic cruise missiles.
Recent projects include the WMD Awareness public education campaign and efforts to establish a British Disarmament Institute.
A history project is documenting the history of the Pugwash conferences since the 1950s.
Current projects – feed Projects 2009-2012 – feed Projects 2000-2008 – feed
- We often publish updates about our project work in newsletters here
- Many of our projects are implemented with support from external funding, including from charitable foundations.
Education projectBritish Pugwash also supports an education programme which brings together younger people (aged 5 to 19) with inspirational Nobel Peace Laureates. For more information visit: PeaceJam UK