We particularly welcome participation from students and young researchers.
Our members have a wide range of interests: in controlling weapons of mass destruction, the militarisation of space, emerging technologies, international peace, climate science, and the ethical responsibilities of scientists.
Noteworthy past members include:
- Lord Solly Zuckerman OM, KCB – here
- Gen. Sir Hugh Beach GBE, KCB – here
- Sir Sam Edwards FRS – here
- Prof. Dorothy Hodskin OM – here
- Sir Andrew Huxley OM, FRS – here
- Prof. Dame Louise Johnson DBE – here
- Sir Tom Kibble CBE, FRS – here
- Prof. Sir Nevill Mott FRS – here
- Prof. Sir Rudolph Peierls CBE – here
Membership benefits include:
- Invitations to British Pugwash events, such as the Rotblat Memorial Lecture, the British Pugwash Lecture at the Hay Festival, symposiums and conferences.
- A bimonthly newsletter about cutting-edge issues in science and public affairs, as well as updates on British Pugwash projects.
- Being part of a network that British and International Pugwash can utilise for its research and policy activities.
- Receiving British Pugwash publications, including research reports and our Annual Reports.
A membership brochure (pdf) is here
Office: Ground Floor Flat, 63A Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3BJ, UK