In this webinar, SYP UK hosted Adina Pintilie, who specialises in applying open sources to research tasks at Ridgeway Information (bio here). Her work involves finding new tools and refining novel research techniques, particularly supporting the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).…
Verification RSS feed for this section
On 9th September 2020, British Pugwash Group Exec member, Dr Richard Guthrie, spoke in a CISD webinar showcasing different open source verification projects, and exploring possible overlaps and synergies between them.…
On 3rd August (5pm), Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) hosted its third webinar.
The guest speaker was Sahil Shah, a Policy Fellow at the European Leadership Network and expert on the Iran Nuclear Deal (‘JCPOA’).…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash May 2020 Newsletter include:
- Pugwash statement on the Open Skies Treaty and New START
- Pugwash statement on NPT Review postponement and risks post-pandemic
- Obituary – Julian Perry Robinson
- Dr Frank Boulton on ‘Nuclear war and public health’
- A selection of relevant articles
The newsletter can be found online here…
Details have now been released of the fantastic ISODARCO Winter Course, organised by Italian Pugwash.
Full details and registration is online here: www.isodarco.it
59th Winter Course of the International School on Disarmament and Research on Conflicts (ISODARCO)
Subject: Emerging Technologies, Evolving Nuclear Postures, and Deteriorating Norms: is the Global Nuclear Order Eroding?…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash Spring 2019 Newsletter include:
- Delegation to Moscow to discuss arms control
- Hypersonic missiles and strategic stability – new research
- British Pugwash Annual General Meeting + Public Lecture
- Student/Young Pugwash UK – Conference Report
- Rotblat Memorial Lecture – A review
- ‘Capturing Technology.