In November, Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) UK is hosting a ‘Festival of Ethical Science‘. This will be a series of webinars and discussions on the ethical implications of science and technology – and we want your views!
Could you give a presentation for 5 to 15 minutes? Anything on your mind?
We are seeking proposals for presentations on the theme of Ethical Science, including but not limited to:
* Can STEM be ethical? What are the social responsibilities of scientists? Should science be political?
* Responsible Research and Innovation
* Ethical issues in war, e.g. nuclear weapons, the defence industry
* Social and ethical issues with digital technologies
* Should there be a ‘Hippocratic Oath’ for scientists?
* What new technologies should we be worried about?
Presenters can come from all disciplines and all educational levels. To make a proposal, please complete this form
DEADLINE IS: 30th September 2020
If you would like to discuss your idea before submitting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For inspiration, the multimedia from SYP’s last Conference on Ethical Science can be found here: https://britishpugwash.org/multimedia-available-ethical-science-nottingham-university-23rd-october-2019/
and a blog post discussing the conference is available here: https://muircheartblog.wpcomstaging.com/2019/10/28/some-down-to-earth-blue-sky-thinking/