On 24th September 2020, British Pugwash Chairman Peter Jenkins CMG spoke in an online roundtable titled ‘Future of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons: A View from Russia and Europe’.
The event was hosted by the Boris Yeltsin Presidential Library, as part of its annual Forum of Knowledge event.
Roundtable speakers included:
• Sergey Batsanov: Retired Ambassador, Member of the Pugwash Council of the Pugwash Conferences on Science and World Affairs;
• Anastasiia Malygina: Associate Professor of Saint Petersburg State University;
• Peter Jenkins: CMG, Chairman of the British Pugwash Group;
• Anton Khlopkov: CENESS Director, Chair of the Moscow Non-Proliferation Conference;
• Oliver Meier: Senior researcher, the Institute for Peace Research and Security Policy at the University of Hamburg (IFSH), Deep Cuts Commission, coordinator;
• Piet de Klerk: Retired Ambassador, co-chair of the International Partnership for Nuclear Disarmament Verification, Chairman of the Supervisory Boardof the Netherlands Helsinki Committee;
• Tytti Erästö: a Senior Researcher in the SIPRI Nuclear Disarmament, Arms Control and Non-proliferation Programme.
• Andrey Pavlov: Professor of Saint Petersburg State University;
• Nadezhda Kulibaba: PhD student, Saint Petersburg State University.