British Pugwash runs projects which engage government, the scientific community and the public on policy issues.
Current projects include research on the:
- Ethics of armed robotic systems
- Impact of emerging technologies on strategic stability
- Climate change impacts on military infrastructure
- Future energy options vis-a-vis climate change
- Arms control options relating to hypersonic cruise missiles
Recent projects include the WMD Awareness public education campaign and efforts to establish a British Disarmament Institute.
British Pugwash also supports an education programme which brings together younger people (aged 5 to 19) with inspirational Nobel Peace Laureates – PeaceJam UK!
- We often publish updates about our project work in our newsletters here
- Many of our projects are implemented with support from external funding, including from charitable foundations.