Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) UK’s Project on Ethical Science has compiled lists of resources to help the STEM community navigate the ethical and social challenges it may face over the coming years.…
Joseph Rotblat: Life & Work RSS feed for this section
The Joseph Rotblat Memorial Trust is looking for a new trustee. Could this be you?
What is the Trust?
The Joseph Rotblat Memorial Trust (JRMT) is a charitable organisation, whose goals include the advancement of education about international peace, environmental sustainability, and the social responsibility of scientists.…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash June 2020 Newsletter include:
- 65th anniversary of the launch of the Russell-Einstein Manifesto
- Reports, audio, video and text from and about the Russell-Einstein Manifesto
The newsletter can be found online here…
In November, Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) UK is hosting a ‘Festival of Ethical Science‘. This will be a series of webinars and discussions on the ethical implications of science and technology – and we want your views!…
On 9th March 2020, University of Oxford Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) will be hosting Prof. John Finney (UCL) to discuss ‘The Russell-Einstein Manifesto: Its Origins and Legacy’
Date/Time: 9th March, 7.45pm
Location: Martin Wood Lecture Theatre, Physics Dept.,…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash January 2020 Newsletter include:
- New Research: Hypersonic weapon systems – Implications for strategic stability and arms control
- Researcher job: British Pugwash project on climate change and nuclear weapons
- Royal Society video of Rees/Cox on Rotblat – Now on YouTube!