On Thursday 25th November, British Pugwash and SYP UK’s Project on Ethical Science co-hosted a panel discussion on the technical, ethical and political challenges posed by drone warfare and lethal autonomous weapons (‘Killer Robots’).
Recent events RSS feed for this section
- SYP UK Annual Conference // 12th February 2022 // University of Leicester
- Call for Presentations (pdf) – here
On 28th and 29th October, members of British Pugwash’s Executive Committee were pleased to participate in a series of discussions on the future of arms control, Russia-West relations, and future Pugwash activities.…
On Tuesday 19th October, Oxford Student/Young Pugwash hosted an online event on the ‘challenge of UK radioactive waste disposal’.
The speaker was Dr Ian Crossland. Ian is an engineer with over 50 years experience in the nuclear industry, with a focus on decommissioning and radioactive waste management.…
This year’s post-AGM Lecture was held on 22nd September.
The title was: ‘Missile Defence and Strategic Stability in the Hypersonic Age’
It was given by Harry Spencer, a postgraduate at University of Birmingham, speaking about his ongoing research with British Pugwash on missile defence systems, hypersonics and strategic stability.…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash July/August 2021 Newsletter include:
- Climate Change and Trident – New research from British Pugwash
- Ethical Science podcast – SYP interview with Prof Dame Ottoline Leyser (UKRI)
- Save the Date – British Pugwash AGM – 22nd September
- Joseph Rotblat Memorial Trust – Becoming a Trustee
- OxPeace Conference – Peace in the Nuclear Era – Video
- A selection of articles and reports
- VIDEO – Interview with Lord Martin Rees (Ethical Science, 2021)
The newsletter can be found online here…