In this webinar, SYP UK hosted Adina Pintilie, who specialises in applying open sources to research tasks at Ridgeway Information (bio here). Her work involves finding new tools and refining novel research techniques, particularly supporting the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).…
Events RSS feed for this section
Student/Young Pugwash (SYP) UK is hosting its first festival.
A series of events throughout November on ethical and political challenges in 21st Century science & technology.
The line-up includes:
- Wed 4th – Ethics & Digital Technologies – w/ Julia Slupska (Digital Ethics Lab, here) and Dr Kanta Dihal (here) – 17:00 UK
- Sat 7th – Transition Now – Technology & the Climate Emergency (Partner event – Hosted by SGR) – 14:00 UK
- Mon 9th – Ethics in Open Source Research – w/ Adina Pintilie (Ridgeway Information, here) – 17:00 UK
- Tues 17th – Codes for Coders: Killer robots, ethics and the law – w/ Taniel Yusef (WILPF UK, here) – 18:00 UK
- Tues 24th – Science and Indigenous Peoples – w/ Hilding Neilson and Riley Taitingfong (led by Oxford SYP ) – 18:00 UK
For event login details, materials and updates:
On 9th September 2020, British Pugwash Group Exec member, Dr Richard Guthrie, spoke in a CISD webinar showcasing different open source verification projects, and exploring possible overlaps and synergies between them.…
On 8th September 2020 and to mark the International Day Against Nuclear Testing, SOAS University and the UK Embassy of Kazakhstan hosted a webinar on titled, “Post-COVID Multilateral Cooperation – A Chance To Achieve A Nuclear-Weapons-Free World?”…