Key topics include: developments on the international scene, including US and Russia; Student / Young Pugwash activities; WMD Awareness – the podcast; Events; BPG development – eg. Business Development Plan; International Pugwash activities.…
Publications RSS feed for this section
Topics covered in the British Pugwash Spring 2019 Newsletter include:
- Delegation to Moscow to discuss arms control
- Hypersonic missiles and strategic stability – new research
- British Pugwash Annual General Meeting + Public Lecture
- Student/Young Pugwash UK – Conference Report
- Rotblat Memorial Lecture – A review
- ‘Capturing Technology.
On 15th March 2019, a conference was held at the German Federal Foreign Office titled ‘Capturing Technology. Rethinking Arms Control’.
The aim of the Conference was to promote a well-informed international dialogue on the nature and implications of the current technological trends and to discuss whether new solutions are needed to ensure that the global arms control architecture can effectively capture new technologies.…
Student / Young Pugwash UK held its fourth Annual Conference in February 2019, titled ‘Pugwash Peace & Disarmament Conference‘. It explored the prospects for arms control and disarmament over the coming years, with focuses on nuclear weapons and emerging technologies.…
In August 2017, senior and youth members of International Pugwash met in Astana, Kazakhstan, for the 62nd Pugwash Conference – ‘Confronting New Nuclear Dangers’ (multimedia here).
Russian Pugwash has recently published a selection of papers from the conference, in their new publication ‘Global and regional security issues and prospects for cooperation’.…
Topics covered in the British Pugwash Late 2018 Newsletter include:
- The state of the Iran nuclear deal
- Nuclear power – future prospects
- Researchers oppose EU military research programme
- Killer robots (guest piece by Article 36)
- Upcoming events