Warwick Technology and Peace Conference (SYP UK Annual Conference 2020)
A multidisciplinary conference about the risks posed by emerging technologies, as well as political and technical solutions to control them. Tickets here.
There’ll be workshops on autonomous weapons (‘killer robots’) and the campaign against them; the impact of emerging technologies on nuclear weapons (eg. vulnerabilities, accidents etc.); and how we should predict and regulate the future.
- Laura Nolan, ex-Google employee and advocate for the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots
- Peter Jenkins CMG, former UK Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency
- Dr Catherine Rhodes, Director of the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk
- Matteo Frigoli, Pugwash’s researcher on hypersonic missile systems
- Niamh Healy, UCL scholar on cyber and nuclear weapons
- More speakers to be announced.
Facebook event here
Location is University of Warwick // Co-hosted by SYP UK and Warwick Pugwash Society
REGISTER via Eventbrite here
NB. Registration is free for members of British Pugwash or Student/Young Pugwash UK. If that is you, please contact email@example.com
Multimedia from past conferences:
This is will be the fifth Annual Student/Young Pugwash UK conference.
Multimedia from our previous conferences is here