Warwick Technology and Peace Conference (SYP UK Annual Conference 2020)
A multidisciplinary conference about the risks posed by emerging technologies, as well as political and technical solutions to control them.
- Date / Start time: Sat 7th March, 10am
- Location: MB0.07 (Mathematical Sciences Building), Central Campus, University of Warwick
- Draft agenda // Register online
- Campus map // Directions
- Hypersonic weapons – Unfortunately, Matteo Frigoli is no longer available to present on hypersonic missiles and arms control. He has kindly provided his slides, for interest, here
- Lunch will not be provided but there are many dining options on campus, such as NAIC cafe (nearby), Arts Centre Cafe and Fusion restaurant
- Questions: If you have any questions, please get in touch ASAP on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coronavirus advice: While we do not anticipate any problems, we ask that you familiarise yourself with the NHS advice (here), government’s advice (here) and Warwick University’s advice (here). Please apply sensible judgement, particularly if you have recently travelled abroad, have symptoms or are from an at-risk group.
Conference speakers include:
- Laura Nolan, ex-Google employee and advocate for the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots
- Dr Catherine Rhodes, Director of the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk
- Peter Jenkins CMG, former UK Ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency
Multimedia from our previous conferences is here